Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ouch! That hurt!

So this is a bit late I'm sure since I had this done over two weeks ago, but I just thought I'd write about it anyway.  What did I have done you might ask?  I had my four wisdom teeth taken out!  I had had mouth surgery before as well as some teeth pulled, so I was ready for this.  It wasn't exactly anything new, but it still sucked...like, a lot!  It hurt like crazy for the first week, and even now I still can't chew food in the back of my mouth.  I'll probably be chewing food with my front teeth like a gopher for another month or so.  But overall I seemed to recover quickly, which I was thankful for.  So here's just a rundown of what I remember from the surgery.

We got to the oral surgeon's office and I was brought into the room where I laid down on the chair.  I had taken a pill to sort of relax me before hand, and then they put laughing gas over my nose.  I won't lie, I enjoyed that immensely.  I wish they would just send you home with a tank of that stuff to help withe the pain!  So after I was nice and giggly, the doctor then began attempting to stick a needle in my arm.  He tried four times and failed to get a vein so finally he just stuck it in at my wrist area.  I usually am not a big fan of needles, but I can handle them.  But this time I was pretty much happy with being stuck so many times.  I couldn't feel a thing.  I was also too busy laughing at nothing.  So then I fell asleep and woke up.  Boom, just like that.  I was in the room for an hour I was told, but it felt like no time had passed.  That's drugs for you!  Then I went home and had to have that nasty gauze in my mouth.  Sure it helped with the bleeding, but still, it's not comfortable.  And from there I just sort of did my thing.  I had to eat soft foods and all that.  I pretty much just ate stuff that I could shove to the pack of my throat with my tongue and swallow whole.  Isn't that lovely?!?!?!?!  Sadly the pain killer they gave me upset my stomach, so I ended up taking Ibuprofen.  It wasn't bad at all really.  Sure I had some painful moments the first week, but the medicine kept me pretty well off.  I had no dry sockets thankfully!

The moral of this story is, eat your vegetables kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment