Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tell Me

I used to be free but then I fell off the track
I got another one comin' and a knife in the back
It's a mighty selfish move to end your own life
Even when you got problems even when you got strife
Take a long look you're no better than I
Tell me that, tell me and look me in the eye

You never get far when you're livin' on the run
You got one eye open and you sleep with a gun
It's a mighty selfish move to take all the glory
Because in the end it's another man's story
Take a long look you're no better than I
Tell me that now, tell me and look me in the eye

It's been nine long months before the child was born
You get no sleep and the marriage is torn
So count your blessings and be on your way
You got no place to go so you might as well stay
Take a last look you're no better than I
Tell me that boy, tell me and look me in the eye

So what have we learned we're just sittin' down here
We got people on the pedal but no one to steer
Everybody's movin' in different directions
Tell me what do you know 'bout the class A section
So take your long look cuz you're no better than I

Tell me that man, tell me and look me in the eye

No comments:

Post a Comment