Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tonight

I lie awake in my bed in the summer time with my window open
Blinds up and the moonlight shining, lighting up everything
I sit and I make up fairy tales and fantasies about you and I
About when we're together having adventures all the time
And if you stop and think it's not far from reality because
You and I have imaginations that soar high above
We'll be whatever we want to, whenever we feel like it
We can be marauding pirates or spacemen in spaceships
Today we'll climb Mt. Everest, tomorrow we'll fight baboons
Next week we'll swim in the ocean, and float on red balloons
I might have to pack sunglasses because we'll travel to the sun
But the only thing that will melt is my heart because I'll be with you
And when those sad times come, when we have to say goodbye
We don't feel as sad because we know that we can dream tonight
I swear I'm not laughing at you, but I'm laughing at myself
Because I'm the biggest fool whenever I'm hanging out with you
Whenever my eyes meet yours I pretend I'm looking at the shore
When the waves comes rolling in and the sun is shining all around 
You and I will spend tonight side by side on the cool, clean grass
Looking up at the stars that shine and laying down on our backs
We'll point up and make some shapes like hearts and flowers too
Then we will sail among the heavens in a great hot air balloon 
And when those sad times come, when we have to say goodbye
We don't feel as sad because we know that we can dream tonight


1 comment:

  1. Great feelings but it is not goodbye and therefore not sad, but happy to say see you in our dream. Title for me is too basic.

    ReplyDelete