Thursday, September 29, 2016

In a Straight Line

I feel it in my bones, that chilling feeling
And it takes me back to the times I forgot
Words blowing in the wind
Mean no more that empty lie
Hollow whispers from behind the hand
Gossip and tall tales bounding about
And we all move on in a straight line
The system is broken but we all follow it
Because we have to have it all
I sit here apart of the this system
And oh we're stuck inside this straight line
Filing towards a horrifying and frightful future
Not know is what we're afraid of
But not knowing is all we can do
Worrying makes us all die faster
So many people in a rush, rushing towards death
"Die faster, we want to die faster!" they unknowingly say
Little do they know they'll get their wish
And I'm as bad as the rest, pushing and shoving to get place to place
And the stress shows in our faces and attitudes
Grumpy and angry and sad
We move place to place thinking this is it
But there's so much more to life that we fail to see
Instead we just keep moving on, stuck inside that straight line...

No comments:

Post a Comment