Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hidden

Look at the candle flame blown out, blown away
The night over takes you with no words to say
The hatred is flowing and you feel yourself bleed
The darkness laughs as it sucks you dry with glee
How distraught one is to witness an event
The like of which have never been met
By anyone who doesn't really seem to understand
But they sit and stare and wave their hands
Shame on you, shame on me, shame on everyone
But shame on them who turn and run
The slightest error, the slightest tension
The slightest terror that no one ever mentions
Be gone with you, most would say
But the other half simple look the other way
"There's a light at the end of the tunnel" they'll cry
But it is never coming closer so you say your goodbye
I'll tie your noose, if you tie mine
Standing on a stool and counting to nine
Such a sad way to go, and I cried when I knew
That untold story of me and you
Hidden, hidden, hidden...

No comments:

Post a Comment