Monday, June 17, 2013

That Moment Before

The waves splashed up against the rocks rhythmically.  The sun was still high in the sky, but it was getting late in the afternoon.  We sat on the concrete wall watching the ocean, silence between us.  I wanted to say it to her, but something was stopping me.  For some reason I couldn't say those three words that had always come so easily.  I looked at her and she smiled.  She grabbed my hat from my head and put it on her head.  I laughed.

"Oh yeah, you look cool," I said with a wink.  She laughed and nodded her head, then took the hat off and handed it back to me.  That one moment, that silly little moment, made me so happy.  I don't even know why, but it was amazing.

So it only made what came next a heck of a lot harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment