Monday, July 28, 2014

Regret

I can't explain these feelings that have come over me
They took me by surprise like a mad dog suddenly set free
Barking and yapping spanning at your heels
Wanting to devour, to rip and tear, and make you his meal
It's an aching sort of feeling, not good, but not exactly bad
It's an itching a burning, knowing I lost what I had
I'll never get it back, I drifted to far away
But there is a longing inside me that's all I can say
She touched my life in many ways
She taught me to love but I didn't know how to stay
I'll admit my heart is full of regret
And when I said I hated her It was not what I meant
If I cold do things differently, right all past wrongs
I would change it in a heartbeat, one so long
Now when I look into her eyes, I see the same regret
I wish I could look into her mind, or to her heart be sent
But in the end I remember we are both God's children
He loves us both, and this is all His will in the end

No comments:

Post a Comment